Family vacation! Does that conjure up memories or what? Whether or not your images closely match those of the Griswold family, there is NOTHING like a road trip! We’ve got ideas for settling back. Enjoy the ride!
Books on tape that is! Yes, you can go for the heady stuff; dive into documentaries on ancient civilizations or learn a new language. But, nah! We’re just up for some fun listens. Try these series: A Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen and The Fox and O’Hare Series by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg.
Snacks for the road!
We’re breaking snacks down into categories because there are some must haves that just don’t fit into the healthy category but no matter. They’re a definite must! And, then there are the healthy ones to include because after all, your destination is the beach!
- Healthy options:
- When you want to keep snacking, we suggest lots of raw veggie strips with hummus for scooping. Red, yellow and orange peppers are a fav of ours. Snap peas, zucchini strips, carrots, and celery are also good. Apples too, of course.
- Healthy but don’t go crazy – roasted almonds, trail mixes. Check out Sahale. We can personally tell you that the Raspberry Crumble Cashew Trail Mix is delish!
- Must haves that are in no way healthy:
- Salty snacking mixes like Gardetto’s and, our personal fav, Synder’s of Hanover!
- Sour gummy worms, m&ms, snack mixes with mini peanut butter cups – you get the picture!
So most of our plans revolve around food. Figures! Got road trip favorites? Please share your family vacation faves!