Challenge Your Students over Winter Break
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
For some of our students, Winter Break means an almost never-ending slew of activities. But for others, Winter Break means a lot of time on their own entertaining themselves. Winter Break Student Challenges can be a great way to help keep those students engaged over break! Winter Break Student Challenges can range a lot in terms of what they ask the kids to do. Here are a few of the challenges we love:
Challenge your students to read a certain number of books, a variety of types of books, or a certain length of time! No matter how you measure this challenge, your students will be improving their reading skills and you will be helping to create lifelong readers! We love to showcase a few books we love before leaving for Break. Try reading a few pages from a few different types of books, some seasonal and some not, to help get your kids excited and expand their reading lists!
- Winter Break Reading Challenge by Middle School Maverick
- *FREEBIE* Winter and Christmas Break Reading Challenge by Ms. G in Texas
- Student Reading Challenge by Amy Lemons
- Winter Break Marshmallow Reading Challenge by More Than a Worksheet
- Winter Break Reading Challenge by Teaching the Midwest
- Winter Break Reading Challenge by Amanda’s Little Learners
STEM or STEAM Challenges
Not only is STEAM important because it incorporates so many important subjects: science, technology, engineering, art, and math but it is so fun! Our students love STEM and STEAM activities! Why not involve the whole family and send these fun activities home for everyone to enjoy when they’re snowed in!
Winter Break Challenges
Can’t decide between wanting your students to focus on reading, math, science, …? There’s no reason you should need to choose! – Always good news for Anna as she is notoriously indecisive! 🙂 Winter Break Student Challenges often incorporate many different types of activities making them a great fit for so many different types of learners! Check out these Winter Break Student Challenges to find the perfect one for you and your students:
- The Winter Break Challenge by Yukari Naka of A Pinch of Kinder
- Winter Break Challenge for Elementary Classrooms by Catherine Reed – The Brown Bag Teacher
- Winter Break Homework by Haley O’Connor
- Winter Break Project: Tic – Tac – Snow by Brain Waves Instruction
- Winter Break Bingo by 5th Grade Insanity
- Winter Break Challenge by Upper Elementary Adventures
So challenge your students to keep their minds engaged! Challenge your students to keep learning over break! Challenge your students with a Winter Break Student Challenge!